Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Checkup

Had another checkup this morning. Everything looked fine. The baby's head is "fixed" now which I have been suspecting a bit from how it feels when it is moving.

Had a helth-check at work about a week ago and a blood test showed the sedimentation rate (in Swedish: sänkan) was a bit higher than normal (40) and there was a bit of protein in my urine. I talked to the midwife about it today and she suggested I do another urine test tomorrow and they will see if they find anything. I feel absolutely fine though, so I don't think there is anything to worry about and the midwife didn't seem worried either.

The piglet is still wriggling around loads and sometimes it feels like it is about to come out "alien-style". Hope not.. Not that the other way is especially appealing either but still..

It has gotten really cold here again and I feel a bit bunged up. I sure hope I won't get a cold now.. Want to be healthy and strong in the weeks to come so I can cope on the Big Day!

Fetal Development (week 38):

The baby may be gaining an ounce a day now. His/her intestines are accumulating lots of meconium (baby's first bowel movement). The circumference of the head and the baby's abdomen are about the same size.

3 comments:

Joyce Webber said...

oooerrr, haven't ever heard of 'sedimentation rate', sounds geological to me. Am glad that you are feeling well though Viktoria and hope that you're not getting too tired. Take as many power naps as you can. xxxxx

Vickan said...

Dave hadn't really heard of it either. Maybe you normally call it something else in England. It is a test on the blood that can indicate infections. The link goes to wikipedia where it is a bit more explained.

Joyce Webber said...

yes, i did peek at Wikipedia's explanation but didn't understand it ... am a bit dim i think