Saturday, January 16, 2010

12 days of Alice

Today Alice is 12 days old and it already seems like she's been with us forever (sort of anyway). We took her out in the pram for the first time today for a short walk. It has been so cold here most of the time since she arrived so we haven't really wanted to expose her too much to the outside.

Things are going well on the whole. On Tuesday the midwife was here and Alice had gained some weight which felt good. Next checkup is on Wednesday and by then she should have reached her birth weight (at least). They say that babies have 10-14 days to reach their birth weight again. I am very curious as to see what she weighs and how tall she has grown. It definitely feels like she has grown from how the clothes fit her.



Elias is still very sweet to Alice but usually calls her "the baby" or "little sister" and still calls her a him ;-)
When I feed her he quite often comes up to me and say he wants to hold her and he has a few times. It looks so sweet! He can sometimes get a bit jealous when I feed her and say "my mummy" but I think that is just normal and expected. As long as he stays sweet to her and takes out his frustration on us it is fine.



We are definitely experienceing the "terrible twos" at the moment and have one or more tantrums a day but it feels manageable. It is frustrating and annoying but in the end I usually just feel sorry for Elias having all these emotions and not knowing how to handle them. To be honest I do feel quite nervous about the coming week when I will be alone and need to get him to come to nursery in time and also to come home with me in the afternoon. That will probably be quite a challenge...
Posted by Picasa

No comments: