Sunday, April 27, 2008

Insy winsy spider

On Friday Elias "walked" with his little push car for the first time. When I have put him in front of it before he has always gone down on his knees and tried to suck the handle. But now he does actually take a few steps with it! Very exciting.

Yesterday we had some great weather and we spent a lot of time in the garden weeding. Elias still is a bit suspicious of the "great outdoors" and when put on a blanket he just sits there. Quite nice for us though, we can actually get some work done and not chase him around the garden. ;-)

Elias likes the swing now by the way, and this is how cute he is sitting in it!


Yesterday we had a bit of drama here in the house. A towel had been hanging out on the terrace and we had brought it in. Elias was sitting next to it and all of a sudden Dave shouted "oh my god". On the towel was a huge spider, the biggest I have ever seen in Sweden. My hero Dave managed to kill it and we could all relax. I wonder if the climate change have anything to do with the size of that bugger... Bloody global warming!

I hope you have seen the new photo album - April & May..

3 comments:

Joyce Webber said...

unless it was as big as a tarantula, i don't think you should have killed that spider ... you could have kept it as a pet instead :-)

Vickan said...

hmm, a spider as a pet.. Not my cup of tea. But we will remember that you like the idea! ;-)

Joyce Webber said...

so sorry, i only noticed your comment on my blog a moment ago ... I'm not used to checking it and didn't think anyone had found it! thanks though, it was a nice surprise. Hope you're all ok and not getting too nervous about the impending change of roles. I think i know what i want to get Elias for his birthday, hurrah! :-)