Saturday, January 05, 2008

Happy New Year!!!

Christmas up in Luleå was very nice even though the weather let us down a bit. The first week Elias and I was there it was above 0 degrees every day. Luckily not all snow melted and by the time Dave, Joyce and Max came it had gotten a bit colder as well. On Christmas Eve we went to my aunts summer house and had a great time. Glögg, food and Santa. Unfortunatelly Elias had to go to bed before Santa came, but he got his presents anyway. We were a bit chocked at the amount of presents he got - Thank you everone!!!

On the 29th we drove back south again. We decided to go during the night and it turned out to be the right decision. Elias slept the whole way! Dave was a hero and drove the whole way, I offered to drive too but I guess he was in "the zone" and didn't want to give up the steering wheel. We arrived about 2.45 in the morning so the next day was a bit tough but ok.

On New Years Eve we went round to our friends Anna and Patrik and their little boy Jacob. There was another family there as well, Magnus, Maria and Jolin. We had a really nice evening and stayed until 1.30. I wanted to stay longer but next day I was glad that we left when we did. ;-)

The new year hasn't started great though I must say. Elias got a fever a few days ago and has been pretty poorly. Now he is better although he still has a slight temperature. He has slept loads and hardly eaten anything (he has been drinking water though). Times like these it is nice to have a big and chubby baby, it doesn't matter so much then if he eats less for a few days.

On Monday Dave goes back to work and it will be quite a big change for me. Since December 16th I haven't been on my own with Elias!

No comments: