Thursday, January 17, 2008

No tooth, no crawl

After the fever Elias got a bit of an upset stomach for a few days but now he is well again. We thought he might be getting a tooth because he had the fever and the bad stomach but no. He is still a toothless boy... While he had his upset stomach we fed him blueberries which looked a bit funny...

It feels like a very exciting time now with loads happening. Elias is getting more and more mobile even though he is still not crawling. We can see that he is really trying
and he quite often gets frustrated when he can't get to a toy he is reaching for. A few of the babies in the parent group are crawling now and it looks like so much fun. Because Elias is quite big I guess it might take him a bit longer to get the hang of crawling but I hope he gets there soon. Mind you, if he takes after me he won't crawl at all. I just sat on my bum and used my legs to pull myself forward. Hard to explain but very efficient!

Anyway, this blog isn't about me.. ;-) Here are a few pictures of what he looks like attempting to get places.
From sitting he stretches and stretches until he finally flips over to his stomach. There he sometimes lifts up his bum and rocks a bit but usually he gets frustrated after a few seconds. If he goes anywhere it is usually backwards...

He does manage to move short distances but he hasn't worked out a technique for it so it is more chance when he gets somewhere. And quite often he gets stuck in a corner or something.

No comments: