Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Some great stuff and some not so great stuff

Last weekend was great! I just have to say it. The weather was very nice and autumnal, Elias' mood was better than earlier in the week, we got started on a few of the projects we have planned for a while and, well it was just great!

At one point I was standing in the garden fiddling with some earth while planting a few new bushes. Dave was doing something in the playhouse and all of a sudden Elias took off with one of the mini-pushchairs that were in the playhouse and everything just felt right. I looked around and did actually think to myself "this is perfect, this is what it is all about". Of course it only took a minute or so before Elias was upset about something but anyway. At least we had that perfect family moment and I realised it at the time as well!

As I said we got quite a lot done during the weekend. We bought and planted a black currant bush, 4 rose bushes (to go behind the playhouse so Elias and other children won't run out onto the road), and a few smaller things I put down in pots. We also bought a big piece of mdf board that we are going to make a desk from. It is already cut into the right size and Dave has made a nice hole for cables and wires to go through. Now we "just" need to paint it and put it up. We will make sure to document it properly!

On Monday and Tuesday Dave was at work and I was at home again. It was so nice! On Monday I met up with a friend for a few hours in the morning and then Went grocery shopping in the afternoon. Elias mood was pretty good most of the day and one of the nicest things is that he is quite keen to go out and play. He actually went up to the front door and banged on it and then brought me one of his shoes. Point taken! ;-)

Yesterday one of the girls in our parent group came for a visit with her son. The weather was great (not far from the weather on the same date 2 years ago!) and we had a fab time. We went for a walk and then had coffee out on the terrace and went up to the park and... To make a long story short, it was great fun!

And now to the bad stuff. It seems like my bike may have been stolen. Dave borrowed it to ride to the station and yesterday when he came back he couldn't find his keys. He went up to the bike to make sure he hadn't forgotten them there but he hadn't, they are gone. Today I was supposed to pick up my bike on the way home but Dave went there again today and now the bike is gone! Aaaarghhh!!!! Why can't people keep their hands off other peoples stuff?? It is so annoying.
I will still go there today and have a look around but it is probably gone. So now both Dave's keys are gone and my bike. Sigh... Will be a fun evening looking for receipts for the bike and calling the insurance company.. Hopefully we'll get something back anyway..

No comments: