Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Bored at work

I have now worked for a week and unfortunatelly I am quite bored. I don't have a project so I have to make up meaningful things to do to pass the time - not very easy. My guess is that they probably won't find a project for me before the summer so I just have to brace myself.

Anyway, Dave's first week at home with Elias seems to have been very nice. They went to the open nursery a few times, came in to Stockholm and had lunch with me one day and so on. The weather last week was great as well so they were out in the garden quite a bit.

We have had a very intensive weekend as well. On Saturday I was gone all day for a hen night. It was really fun and included a kidnapping of the bride, a near death experience 14 metres up in a tree, a few hours at a spa and a nice dinner. On Sunday it was yet another busy day. Around noon Elias and I went to meet up with some of my girl friends and their kids. The oldest is maybe 7 years and the youngest was 6 weeks. After a semi-relaxed picknick (it is hard to have time to sit down and talk with loads of kids running away to play ;-) ) we drove home to our house. The girls of course wanted to inspect our new house. The weather was amazing and we spent the whole afternoon on the patio. The play house was a big hit with the kids and the grown ups liked the big house too.. Dave did a grand job grilling hotdogs and chicken and we had a great time. The girls left around 6 ish and by then Elias was exhausted. He hadn't slept much during the day and when I put him to bed at 7 I think he fell asleep as soon as his head hit the pillow. I was almost as tired as him and went to bed at 9.30.

No comments: