Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Highs and lows

On Sunday one of my fears happened. As I walked up the stairs from the basement with Alice in my arms I stumbled on a step (because my slipper is a bit broken) and dropped her!! I was almost at the top of the stairs and she landed on the stone hard hall floor (so she didn't fall down the stairs) on her back. I don't think I have ever felt worse or more worried. She screamed loads of course and shortly after fell asleep. She was due to have a sleep but I was worried to let her sleep after banging her head. We called the health care help line and asked what to do. They said it was ok to let her sleep but to make sure she reacted to tickles every 5-10 minutes, which she did. She slept for about 35 minutes and then woke up being her normal self again. The slippers have been thrown away!

So over to a more happy note. Yesterday as I was getting her dressed to go out I was cuddling her a bit and she laughed for the first time. She has been close to laughing before when we have tickled her on her neck (she seems to be just as ticklish as her brother) but this was definitely a proper laugh. Such a lovely sound!!!

No comments: