Wednesday, June 06, 2007

He's here!

As most of you all probably know by now, we had a beatiful baby boy on Monday morning. When writing the blog entry on Sunday night, little did we know how fast things were about to change.

We went to bed quite late on Sunday. Dave was feeling a bit off colour and was considering staying home on Monday to recover. I hadn't felt anything out of the ordinary during the evening, a bit of ache in my lower back and quite a bit of pressure "downwards". Nothing strange though, had had that before and nothing happened. At 1.30 I woke up because my waters broke. Luckily I managed to run to the bathroom before the big flood came ;-). I called the hospital and since I didn't have any contractions she booked me in for an examination at 8.00 in the morning. About 15 minutes later I had my first contraction and they immediately started to come quite close to each other and they hurt. At 2.30 I told Dave he had to call the hospital again and ask if we could come in. The woman said that we were of course welcome but that we shouldn't expect this to be the real thing.

About 3 am we got in to the hospital and when the nurse saw me she just stated that I seemed to be struggling quite a bit. Yup! She took my blood preassure which was sky high, she wanted to take my temperature but I didn't manage to keep the thermometer in place long enough for her to get a reading and I didn't manage to get up on the scale either. When they examined me they realised to all of our surprise that I was fully dilated and from then on things happened fast. I was wheeled in to a delivery room where the laughing gas became my best friend. I was pretty much in my own world by now and maybe Dave felt quite left out. I was really happy to have him by my side though. At 4.45 the "push contractions" started and by 5.10 he was out. It was truly amazing!
I never could have imagined that the delivery could take 3,5 hrs from start to finish! It sure was lucky that it started during the night, if Dave had been at work in Stockholm he might not have made it back in time - a horrible thought!

Well, I could of course go on for hours about how amazing the last few days have been, but I think I will call it a day for now. Maybe I can convince daddy Dave to write about how he experienced it all, but don't get your hopes up too much ;-)

More pictures can be found here

1 comment:

Joyce Webber said...

i think you are all amazing! so glad you found time to put up another post. see you soon :-) xxx